- Featured Destinations
- Sample Trips
- Exclusive Deals
- Custom Trip Planning
- Travel 101
- About Us
Yarapa River Lodge
Yarapa River, Peru
Prices From: $600
The Yarapa River Lodge is located on the Yarapa River, a pristine tributary of the Amazon River in Peru. Yarapa offers private rooms with a shared bath or private bungalows with bath included. The lodge features a relaxing hammock house, dining room, lounge area, female and male fully furnished bathrooms all connected via elevated covered walkways. Guests can choose from a wide range of activities or embark on an unforgettable adventure including guided hikes, wildlife viewing boat rides, piranha fishing and paddles in a genuine Amazon canoe. Then come home to the comforts of the lodge, enjoy delicious local cuisine in the screened in dining room and relax in the hammock house that overlooks the river.
There are 4 day/3 night and 7 day/6 night all-inclusive packages that include ground and boat transfers from Iquitos to the lodge, full accommodations, guided tours, and three full meals per day. The daily guided excursions include river cruises along the Amazon and Yarapa Rivers, incredible wildlife viewing, visits to authentic Indian villages and rainforest hikes.
Yarapa is dedicated to protecting the environment. They have agreed with the local tribes to set aside a huge natural preserve. Because they have vowed to not develop it, they are ensuring that the surrounding rainforest will remain pristine and intact. The Yarapa River Lodge only uses earth-friendly resources, including full solar powering, composting and flush toilets with a waste management system. Roofs and walkways are thatch covered, providing a natural cooling system from the tropical heat and all the furniture is locally built and hand-carved.
Region: South America
Nearest Airport: LIM
Yarapa River Rainforest Reserve
- Prices include ground and boat transport from Iquitos to the lodge, full accommodations, guided tours, and three full meals per day.
- You need to fly to Iquitos, Peru. Once there, we will meet you at the airport and take you to the lodge or (if in the late afternoon) to your hotel in Iquitos for the night. To get to Iquitos, you currently need to fly through Lima, Peru. International flights to Lima are easy to find on the internet or through your travel agent. The leg from Lima to Iquitos can be booked through the internet as well or through your agent.
-Airfare is not included in the rates.
- Our guests on the 7 day / 6 night stay may opt for a visit at the Pacaya-Samiria National Park located 4 hours away by boat. The trip would be an additional US $225 per person. These trips usually require a group of at least 6 people, but smaller groups can be arranged.
- Groups of 10 or more individuals get a 10% discount on published rates.
- Cancellations received in writing (email) 30 days or more before arrival will not be charged, and the amount will be refunded in full. Cancellations less than 30 days before arrival will not be refunded.
Cancellations received in writing (email) 30 days or more before arrival will not be charged, and the amount will be refunded in full. Cancellations less than 30 days before arrival will not be refunded.