- Featured Destinations
- Sample Trips
- Exclusive Deals
- Custom Trip Planning
- Travel 101
- About Us
Hike the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
Inca Trail Specials - Prices from $1,482 per person!
The Inca Trail is by far the most famous of South America’s many trekking routes and although it is only 26 miles in length it manages to pack more natural beauty, culture, and adventure into its short length than many trails three times its size. Crowning the challenging four day trek is the arrival at the Machu Picchu citadel at dawn, truly one of the modern world’s most incredible introductions to an ancient civilization.
Global Basecamps is offering exclusive specials on trips to Machu Picchu. Call us now at (866) 577 2462 or submit the form to start planning your Machu Picchu Adventure!
Benefits of Responsible & Sustainable Tourism
We are not only dedicated to building you the trip of a lifetime, but we are also committed to supporting and protecting the destinations you visit.
What You Get...
Browse our collection of sample trips which have been designed to inspire you. Keep in mind, we customize every trip to meet your specific travel needs and budget.
Inca Trail Trek Options
Short Inca TrailThis trip allows a taste of the Inca Trail without days of hiking and camping. We begin the hike from the train stop at Kilometer 104 and follow the trail for six hours to the spectacular view of Machu Picchu from Inti Punku, The Gate of the Sun. From here we descend into the world famous “Lost City”. After a restful night in a hotel, we return to Machu Picchu at dawn to see the ruins in perfect morning light. In the afternoon, we return to Cusco by train.
Inca Trail ClassicThis is the classic four-day trek along the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. This magnificent hike is for travelers who are in condition to hike up to ten hours, with breaks, in a single day. The pace may be daunting for some, but the beauty and history of the area encompass the hiker every step of the way. On the last morning we arrive at Machu Picchu with plenty of time to explore the ruins before returning to Cusco by train.
Inca Trail DiscoveryOur five-day program allows the traveler time to explore and enjoy the amazing archaeological sites, landscapes, and nature along the way to Machu Picchu. While most other programs force trekkers to speed through the stunning high-altitude Inca Trail, we take the time to enjoy this once-in-a-lifetime experience. We camp the first three nights, enjoying great meals and sturdy tents. The hikes average six to seven hours each day, including time to explore the Inca sites we pass through and to take in the unparalleled scenery. On the fourth afternoon we arrive at Machu Picchu after the crowds have left, and have time to explore the tranquil ruins. After a well-deserved night at a comfortable hotel, we return to Machu Picchu to see the ruins in perfect morning light. In the afternoon we return to Cusco by train. This program is specially designed to offer a more relaxed trek and a deeper understanding of Inca culture.
Inca Trail DeluxeThis is a De Luxe private tour similar to our Inca trail Discovery with enough time to explore and enjoy the amazing Inca archaeological sites, landscapes, and nature along the way to Machu Picchu. We camp the first three nights, enjoying great meals, wine, sturdy tents and at the end of the day a massage therapist who will offer a relaxing massage. The hikes average six to seven hours per day.
Why Hike the Inca Trail with Global Basecamps
- Small Groups & Private Treks: Unlike many companies, we only offer small group and private treks. We cap our group sizes to keep them small and ensure the experience is magical. Small groups also mean more face time with our extremely knowledgeable guides.
- Financial Peace of Mind: We are a bonded and insured US-based company. When booking through us you get complete financial peace of mind and don't have to worry about sending money abroad, carrying large sums of cash to Peru, or otherwise.
- Expert Guides: Our professional English-speaking guides are incredibly knowledgeable, friendly, and fun. They have a wealth of knowledge about the trail, the surrounding areas, the local cultures, history, flora, fauna and more.
- Porter's Rights: Our porters are paid fairly and treated well, which is an essential element in giving back to the community and conducting sustainable tourism.
- Quality Equipment & Food: We use high-quality North Face tents (3-person tent per 2 people for comfort), provide sleeping pads, and serve delicious/nutritious/plentiful food. Enjoy the culinary expertise of the cook and his assistants who provide you with healthy cuisine that will give you well needed energy.
- Preparation: We provide you with pre-departure materials before your trip, including packing and reading lists, and much more. We also include a pre-departure meeting in Cusco before the trek for any last-minute questions you might have!
- May to September are great times to hike the Inca Trail since the conditions are fairly dry and the weather generally sunny.
- The shoulder months of March and November are less crowded and would be a great time to go to avoid the crowds.
- Cusco is located 3399 meters (11152 ft) above sea level and is a gateway to the Inca Ruins. Spend some time in the city and the surrounding Sacred Valley to acclimatize to the higher elevation.
- Since Peru is home to many different climates, from the Amazon jungle to the Andes Mountains, we recommend that you dress in layers with clothing that wicks sweat, allowing you to stay dry.
- The Peruvian government organization know as the INC (National Institute of Culture Cusco) is the entity that regulates maintenance, prices and availability of Inca trail permits which is limited to 500 persons. This figure includes trekkers, guides, assistant guides, cooks and porters.
- We recommend you book at least 4 to 6 months in advance to guarantee a place in our Inca Trail programs.
- The Inca Trail is closed throughout February for conservation projects. This is a great time to explore less traveled alternative treks such as the Salkantay Trek which will lead you through beautiful mountain vistas to Machu Picchu, which is still open.
Request Free Quotes!
Who is Global Basecamps?
Help Us Plant a Tree!
Did you know that for every trip we sell, we have a tree planted? Reforestation projects are one of the best ways to reduce the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, so travel responsibly by choosing Global Basecamps.
With the help of our partner, Carbonfund.org, we also offset our company's entire carbon footprint each year.
Interested in offsetting your entire trip? Let us know! We are currently working to provide full carbon offsetting options for every trip.