- Featured Destinations
- Sample Trips
- Exclusive Deals
- Custom Trip Planning
- Travel 101
- About Us
Exclusive Japan Itineraries. Expert Travel Advice
Cosmopolitan Tokyo, cultural Kyoto and the vistas of Mt. Fuji - Prices from $1,518
Japan is a destination that truly has it all. From cosmopolitan urban centers to breathtaking natural beauty, secluded hot spring resorts to traditional fishing villages, there is something for everyone. Whether you're an adventurer looking for pristine natural beauty or a traveler looking for Zen-like tranquility and relaxation, Japan is the perfect destination.
Famous for the beauty of its seasonal transformations, a visit to Japan at any time of year is filled with wonder. In Spring enjoy the cherry blossoms and lively cherry blossom parties. In Summer experience colorful festivals and brilliant fireworks displays. Each Fall offers gorgeous autumn foliage in the countryside. In the Winter don't miss the chance to visit remote mountain hot springs and enjoy Japan's world-class slopes.
Global Basecamps is offering exclusive specials on trips to Japan. Call us now at (866) 577 2462 or submit the form to start planning your Japan Adventure!
Benefits of Responsible & Sustainable Tourism
We are not only dedicated to building you the trip of a lifetime, but we are also committed to supporting and protecting the destinations you visit.
What You Get...
Browse our collection of sample trips which have been designed to inspire you. Keep in mind, we customize every trip to meet your specific travel needs and budget.
Highlights of Japan
Custom Trips for Independent TravelersJapan is the perfect destination for independent travelers. Global Basecamps offers as much or as little assistance as you need in finding the most unique destinations, booking train travel between cities, arranging the lodging of your choice, and leaving free time for you to relax and plan your own adventures. We’ll help you build a custom itinerary from scratch, including accommodation in Japan’s best hotels and ryokan in Japanese cities and towns including Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Takayama, and Izu. Feel free to book as little or as much as you like before departure and add on day trips or multi-day excursions as you please. We offer the perfect way to get the most out of Japan without sacrificing your independence while traveling.
Custom Guided TripsCreate your own Japan vacation including guided tours, lodging in Japan's best hotels and ryokan, arranged transport and more with the help of our Japan travel specialists. Visit Tokyo, Kyoto, and everywhere in between with our custom day-by-day itineraries. We will ease your arrival and departure with pre-planned airport transfers and help you build a custom itinerary that includes the perfect amount of time in each destination based on your personal preferences. Our Japan travel experts can assist you in every step of creating a itinerary, including as many or as few guided activities and tours as you like, with your choice of geisha performances, Japanese cooking lessons, visits to Mount Fuji, or mornings spent experience the life of a sumo wrestler.
Luxury Japan ExperiencesWhether you’re visiting Japan to experience the exquisite arts, rich history, or intriguing culture, Global Basecamps offers the most luxurious tours and lodging available. Japan tours of Kyoto, Tokyo, the Izu Peninsula and every intimate location in between are available to you via custom tours that let you explore the city and country at your own pace. Visit the most untouched, culturally rich locations in the hands of the most experienced private Japanese guides while hiking, cycling, trekking, or simply relaxing. Beautiful ryokan and unique hotels offer insight into the Japanese culture and lifestyle rarely accessible to visitors.
- One of the world's most exciting cities, Tokyo offers incredible shopping, colorful and unique fashion, fascinating museums, an exciting nightlife, beautiful parks and gardens, and much more.
- Kyoto, the cultural heart of Japan, contains an enthralling mix of ancient Buddhist temples, Shinto shrines, Japanese gardens, and World Heritage sites, blended with all the features of modern Japan.
- On a clear day, Hakone offers clear views of Mt. Fuji, and no matter what you'll find soothing hot springs, beautiful, lush hillsides, and a charming tourist circuit including a toy train, a gondola ride, and a cruise on Lake Ashi.
- The former capital Nara, just outside of Kyoto, is famous for its highly unique deer park, the great Buddha, and the Todaiji Temple, which can all be included in a one-day trip.
- The climbing season for Mt. Fuji peaks in July and August, when there is no snow and public transportation is easy and frequent. Young and old can climb Mt. Fuji, and the best time to go is at night so that your arrival on top coincides with sunrise.
- Takayama is a traditionally preserved town in a mountainous region of Japan, and holds one of Japan’s main attractions: the Takayama festival, which takes place in Spring and Autumn.
- The tropical islands of Okinawa are Japan's Hawaii, famous for their laid back population, healthy lifestyle, delicious food, and pristine beaches.
- The northernmost Japanese island of Hokkaido offers skiing and snowboarding in winter, unrivaled scenery in summer, and contains the amazing Shiretoko national park.
- Perfect day trips from Tokyo, the former capitals Kamakura and Nikko offer wonderful mixes of history, culture, and natural beauty.
Request Free Quotes!
Who is Global Basecamps?
Help Us Plant a Tree!
Did you know that for every trip we sell, we have a tree planted? Reforestation projects are one of the best ways to reduce the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, so travel responsibly by choosing Global Basecamps.
With the help of our partner, Carbonfund.org, we also offset our company's entire carbon footprint each year.
Interested in offsetting your entire trip? Let us know! We are currently working to provide full carbon offsetting options for every trip.