- Featured Destinations
- Sample Trips
- Exclusive Deals
- Custom Trip Planning
- Travel 101
- About Us
Custom Tanzania Tours. Expert Travel Advice.
Serengeti, Ngorongoro Highlands and Mt Kilimanjaro - Prices from $1,897
If your primary reason for traveling to Africa is to experience an abundance of African wildlife in unspoiled wilderness, Tanzania should be your destination of choice. A wildlife safari is just one reason to visit this beautiful country. For the more adventurous, climbing Mt Kilimanjaro is the highlight of their Tanzanian experience. Hiking through the rolling hills of the Ngorongoro Highlands or up the active Oldonyo Lengai, rising out of the Great Rift Valley, provide more intimate experiences with the land and people. Tanzania truly is a dream holiday destination that welcomes visitors from its highest peaks to its deepest lake, from its endless plains to its clear blue waters. Vast numbers of herd animals, predators and bands of apes coupled with the country’s dedication to preservation make Tanzania the optimal choice in Africa.
Our Beyond the Big Five tour was selected by National Geographic Traveler as one of 2014's 50 Tours of a Lifetime. This list is reserved for travel companies dedicated to cultural travel, sustainability, and innovation in the industry.
Global Basecamps is offering exclusive specials on trips to Tanzania. Call us now at (866) 577 2462 or submit the form to start planning your Tanzania Adventure!
Benefits of Responsible & Sustainable Tourism
We are not only dedicated to building you the trip of a lifetime, but we are also committed to supporting and protecting the destinations you visit.
What You Get...
Browse our collection of sample trips which have been designed to inspire you. Keep in mind, we customize every trip to meet your specific travel needs and budget.
Highlights of Tanzania
Northern Circuit SafariThe Tanzania Northern Circuit Safari is the perfect way to experience the best of Tanzania's northern parks with visits to the Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater, and Lake Manyara. The mere mention of the word ‘Serengeti’ conjures up images of amazing African wildlife wandering endless, treeless plains, whereas Lake Manyara is dramatically bordered by the sheer wall of the Rift Valley on one side and the shores of the lake on the other. This private guided safari not only visits three of the country's national parks and travels through some of the most important wildlife conservation areas in the world but is also operated by local Maasai cooperatives and places heavy emphasis on cultural interaction with local villages and communities.
Kilimanjaro TrekkingClimbing to the 'rooftop of Africa' is a highlight of any visit to Tanzania and can be achieved by seasoned trekkers to reasonably fit first-timers. Its beautiful and diverse ecosystems are surpassed only by the breathtaking views from the summit. Whether trekking with local porters who have been born and raised in the shadow of Kilimanjaro or navigating your way from village to village in the highlands with loaded donkeys, trekking and hiking in Tanzania is a challenge to cherish – a ‘must do’ life experience. Choose from the Machame Route, the second most popular route to Kibo and a beautifully scenic route commencing with rain forests and the dry area of Shira Plateau or The Rongai Route, a remote, dry route and also one of the least crowded routes.
The Great Wildebeest MigrationOur Wildebeest Migration Safaris are incredible roving safaris that follow the path of the hundreds of thousands of wildebeest on their annual migration through the northern reaches of Serengeti National Park and across the Mara River into Kenya. We've chosen beautiful small tented camps in remote regions of the Greater Serengeti Ecosystem to ensure that every day is filled with as much prime game viewing as possible and you will also have a chance to visit several of Tanzania's other famous parks including Ngorongoro Crater and Lake Manyara. All of our safaris also spend a considerable amount of time in local Maasai communities giving you a complete understanding of what life in this incredible area is truly like.
Enchanting ZanzibarFor a thousand years, Zanzibar was one of the world's crossroads of trade with Europeans, Persians, and Arabs attracted to its exotic exports. Stone Town, as Zanzibar Town is commonly called, is an exotic world completely different from mainland Tanzania. The town's architecture is a testimony to the cultural heritage of gold, ivory, and cloth trade that allowed merchants from around the Indian Ocean to accrue great wealth and build the signature high stone buildings of Stone Town. An escape to the beaches reveals even more of the soul of Zanzibar. Soft bleached sands and cool turquoise waters coupled with spectacular sunsets is the pinnacle of a Tanzanian adventure.
- Arusha is located about an hour away from Mount Kilimanjaro Airport and is the gateway to wildlife parks of the Lake Manyara, Tarangire, Ngorongoro Crater, Olduvai Gorge, and Serengeti National Park.
- Criss-crossed with forested valleys, the Serengeti plays home to millions of Africa’s large mammals, making this one of the world’s famous wildlife destinations.
- Ngorongoro is a collapsed volcano creating an incredible natural amphitheatre 25 km across and teeming with all of the African big game.
- The archaeological site of the Olduvai Gorge is a great opportunity to see where early human tools and fossils have been found.
- Within the Maasai Heartlands lies the village called Esilalei (Toothbrush Tree) which is located in the wildlife corridor in between Tarangire and Lake Manyara and is exclusive to us. No other tour operator is allowed to visit the village allowing a unique experience with the locals. While there you can visit the local school and bring much needed school supplies for the children. We work hand in hand with Pack for a Purpose to bring supplies to the people that need them the most.
- At Lake Eyasi you are able to interact with the Hadzabe/Datoga tribes and exchange cultural norms and customs.
- Tarangire is home to an array of wildlife here you'll have the unique opportunity to view animal behaviors and natural habitats.
- Experience the magnificent birdlife and herd animals that Lake Manyara has to offer. From a flash of pink flamingoes on the horizon to bull elephants at close range, this park showcases a superb variety of mammal life and birdlife alike.
- The Mahale Mountains are home to one of the largest populations of chimpanzees in Africa. In addition to chimp tracking there will be opportunities to swim, fish in the lake, kayak or just head up to one of the amazing waterfall pools in a quiet corner of the forest.
- For a thousand years, Zanzibar was one of the world's crossroads of trade, with Europeans, Persians and Arabs attracted to its exotic exports. Stone Town, as Zanzibar Town is commonly called, is an exotic world, completely different from mainland Tanzania.
Request Free Quotes!
Who is Global Basecamps?
Help Us Plant a Tree!
Did you know that for every trip we sell, we have a tree planted? Reforestation projects are one of the best ways to reduce the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, so travel responsibly by choosing Global Basecamps.
With the help of our partner, Carbonfund.org, we also offset our company's entire carbon footprint each year.
Interested in offsetting your entire trip? Let us know! We are currently working to provide full carbon offsetting options for every trip.