- Featured Destinations
- Sample Trips
- Exclusive Deals
- Custom Trip Planning
- Travel 101
- About Us
Grootbos Forest Lodge
Gansbaai, South Africa
Prices From: $165
The Grootbos Forest Lodge, a 5-star resort with its contemporary and modern style, appeals to the cosmopolitan traveler. Constructed aesthetically from local sandstone rock and sustainable harvested timber, it blends perfectly into the surrounding fynbos vegetation. The Forest Lodge consists of 16 luxury suites, one restaurant, one champagne bar and an ultra modern conference center. With voice over IP phones, the conference centre boasts a first for South African hotels and resorts. With the new Forest Lodge, the Grootbos Nature Reserve is now able to accommodate larger groups while still maintaining the exclusivity and personal touch that has always characterised Grootbos.
Hidden high above the famous Walker Bay between the towns of Stanford and Gansbaai, lies South Africa's Premier Marine and Floral Destination, the Grootbos Nature Reserve. Situated between mountain and sea less than 2 hours from Cape Town, Grootbos offers stylish 5-star accommodations, international / African cuisine, warm hospitality and many nature-based tourism activities that could only be described as world-class. Grootbos is a nature lover's paradise; a multi-awardwinning lodge that benchmarks nature tourism with its collection of eco-sensitive guided trips that will take one into the intricate world of plants and animals, both on land and at sea.
Region: Africa - Eastern and Southern
Nearest Airport: CPT
P.O. Box 148
- Luxury accommodation in free standing suites, welcome drink, five course dinner (fine cuisine prepared by master chefs), breakfast buffet with full English breakfast menu, light lunch, fresh fruit basket daily, transfer to boat activity (Dyer Island), horse riding, guided walks or drives in the reserve and various maps of the area or for self guided walks.
- Children up to the age of 3 stay free of charge.
- Children of all ages staying in their own bedroom, pay full adult rates.
- Minimum stay of 2 nights.
- All requests, confirmations and cancellations are only valid if in writing.
- Children under 12 are not permitted to stay in the Forest Lodge.
- Actual nightly rates may vary slightly from stated rates, at the time of booking, due to currency fluctuations.
- Cancellations received 14 to 30 days prior to arrival: 50% of reservation refunded
- 7 to 14 days prior arrival: 25% refunded
- 0 to 7 days prior arrival: no refund