- Featured Destinations
- Sample Trips
- Exclusive Deals
- Custom Trip Planning
- Travel 101
- About Us
Meru National Park, Kenya
Prices From: $370
For many years Kenya's best kept secret, the untamed wilderness of Meru National Park is best explored from its hidden jewel – Elsa's Kopje. Made famous by the film 'Born Free' and George Adamson's lions, the lodge is invisible to the eye as you approach the kopje. Each of the 9 individually built cottages are luxuriously appointed, and here you'll find the ultimate 'room with a view'.
The cottages are uniquely designed and crafted, incorporating the natural features of the rocky hillside. There is an open bar, lounge and dining room with an exceptionally inviting infinity pool overlooking the Meru plains.
Meru is vast with arid, open plains dotted with Doum Palms and Baobab trees and lush vegetation along 13 rivers, like green ribbons, bisecting the Park. Here visitors will see a more diverse range of species than in any other Park or Reserve. Regular sightings include Beisa Oryx, Gerenuk, Elephant, Grevy's Zebra, Reticulated Giraffe, Lesser Kudu, Grant's Gazelle, Leopard, Lion, Cheetah, Rhino and the rare, elusive Greater Kudu. Meru is famous for its bird life, including riverine and forest species as well as the arid dry country species.
Region: Africa - Eastern and Southern
Nearest Airport: NBO
Meru National Park
- 2 Night Minimum Stay
- Open all year round.
- A $15 USD fee is added to all safaris for Flying Doctor Society insurance.
- Children under 5 are free.
Included in rates:
- Local Airstrip Transfers
- Full Board Accommodation
- Soft Drinks, Beer, Spirits & House Wines
- Day & Night Game Drives In 4-Wheel-Drive Vehicles
- Bush Meals
- Day Excursions To The Tana River With Packed Lunches
- Visiting the local Tharaka village
- Line Fishing (Catfish And Barbel)
- Swimming Pool
Not included in rates:
- Conservation Fees - Adult $40 USD (Jan-April) $50 USD (May-Dec.) and Child Under 18 $22 USD (Jan-April) $25 USD (May-Dec.)
- Night Game Drives & Bush Walking - KWS Activity Charge $15 USD
- Extra Lunch Per Person $40 USD
- Exclusive Use Of Vehicle Per Day - Per Vehicle $330 USD
- Fee to enter Maasai Cultural village
- Champagne, Special Wines and Luxury Spirits
Should you cancel your booking this must be done in writing. Cancellations are only effective on receipt of
written notification. If you cancel prior to 8 weeks before the departure your deposit is forfeited. If your
cancellation is made after the due date for full payment of your tour fare, charges will be levied as a percentage of the tour prices as follows:
- Less than 8 weeks notice 25%
- Less than 5 weeks notice 60%
- Less than 3 weeks notice 100%
Should you fail to join a tour or join it after departure or leave prior to its completion, no tour fare refund can be made. (Please note that if the reason for the cancellation falls within the terms of any holiday insurance policy which you hold, then the insurance company, subject to the terms of your insurance will normally refund any such charges to you.)