- Featured Destinations
- Sample Trips
- Exclusive Deals
- Custom Trip Planning
- Travel 101
- About Us
Manda Bay, Kenya
Prices From: $470
Manda Bay is one of the many unspoilt, idyllic islands within the romantic Lamu archipelago, situated on the Northwestern tip of Manda Islands. The lodge lies in the calm inshore waters on a long sandy protected beach. Surrounded by miles of palm fringed silky white sandy beaches and intriguing creeks, Manda Bay is the perfect retreat for both families and honeymooners.
With 12 cottages flawlessly designed and in keeping with local landscape, five of the rooms are set right along the seafront with the other rooms set slightly behind. With five doubles and the rest twins, two cottages can be modified to accommodate triple beds. Each cottage has a large ceiling fan and refreshing showers inside the ensuite bathrooms.
The Cuisine at Manda Bay naturally features a marine flavour, freshly caught tuna, Mangrove Crab and Prawns are a Manda Bay delicacy! Manda Bay can also cater for any special requests and flexible meal times can be arranged to fit in with guest's individual requirements. Romantic candle lit dinners can be brought straight to your cottage veranda so you can enjoy total privacy!
Manda Bay offers guests a chance to relax and unwind from the pressures of the real world, but for the more adventurous type the variety of activities is abundant. Guests can choose from Deep Sea fishing in search of the Marlin and Sailfish, windsurfing, water skiing and scuba diving to name a few. With regular sightings of dolphins, turtles and the occasional Humpback whale, the marine life excels. Guests can enjoy safe snorkelling in the warm, gentle and clear waters.
Region: Africa - Eastern and Southern
Nearest Airport: NBO
- Manda Bay is closed from April 15 - July 14, 2008.
- 2 Night Minimum Stay.
- A $15 USD fee is added to all safaris for Flying Doctor Society insurance.
- Children under 5 years free of charge
- Children's Rate for Beach Front Cottage are applicable for children sharing accommodation with an adult. If the Beach Front Cottage is not being shared with an adult, then the child will be charged at the full adult rate.
Included in rates:
- Local Airstrip Transfers
- Full Board Accommodation
- Soft Drinks, Beer, Spirits and House Wines
- Laser Sailing
- Sundowner Cruises On The Dhow
- Laundry Service
Not included in rates:
- Easter Supplement (21st-24th March) Per Person $40 USD
- Snorkelling Per Person $20 USD
- Extra Lunch Per Person $35 USD
- Water Skiing - Per
Should you cancel your booking this must be done in writing. Cancellations are only effective on receipt of written notification. If you cancel prior to 8 weeks before the departure your deposit is forfeited. If your cancellation is made after the due date for full payment of your tour fare, charges will be levied as a percentage of the tour prices as follows:
- Less than 8 weeks notice 25%
- Less than 5 weeks notice 60%
- Less than 3 weeks notice 100%
Should you fail to join a tour or join it after departure or leave prior to its completion, no tour fare refund can be made. (Please note that if the reason for the cancellation falls within the terms of any holiday insurance policy which you hold, then the insurance company, subject to the terms of your insurance will normally refund any such charges to you.)