- Featured Destinations
- Sample Trips
- Exclusive Deals
- Custom Trip Planning
- Travel 101
- About Us
Custom Vietnam Tours. Expert Travel Advice
Culture, Beaches and Highlands - Prices from $581
Vietnam is a country of contrasts and the seemingly limitless options range from visits to the peaceful and culturally rich hills of Sapa to cruises along the dramatic coastline of Halong Bay; explore sleepy, laid-back towns like Hoi An or get lost in the bustling Ho Chi Minh City; trek through remote hilltribe villages and relax along Southern Vietnam’s beaches…Vietnam is the perfect destination for experiencing mountains, beaches, adventure and culture all within a limited amount of time.
Browse our inspired Vietnam tour suggestions below and contact us for a tailor made Vietnam tour designed to suit your interests and budget. Have limited time or want to design your own unique tour? All of our tours can be completely customized to fit your specific needs, preferences and interests.
Global Basecamps is offering exclusive specials on trips to Vietnam. Call us now at (866) 577 2462 or submit the form to start planning your Vietnam Adventure!
Benefits of Responsible & Sustainable Tourism
We are not only dedicated to building you the trip of a lifetime, but we are also committed to supporting and protecting the destinations you visit.
Browse our collection of sample trips which have been designed to inspire you. Keep in mind, we customize every trip to meet your specific travel needs and budget.
Highlights of Vietnam
Vietnam OvertureExperience Vietnam’s highlights in just fourteen days with flights between each city, enabling you to see as much as you can. Beginning your journey in Hanoi, the Paris of the Orient. Continue your journey to magnificent Halong Bay for an overnight cruise on a traditional junk, before flying to the ancient capital of Hue. Chill out in Hoi An, a charming old fishing town with fascinating architecture and laid back atmosphere. End your holiday absorbing the bright lights of Saigon and venturing into the heart of the Mekong Delta.
Northern Vietnam TreasuresThe north of Vietnam is home to three treasures: Hanoi, the ‘Paris of the Orient’, the richly cultural hilltribe town of Sapa, and the World Heritage Site of Halong Bay. This tour takes in all of these in just 7 days, the perfect way to experience Northern Vietnam at its best. Highlights of this trip include trekking in Sapa and visiting minority hilltribe villages, exploring the charming capital city of Hanoi and cruising through the UNESCO world heritage site of Halong Bay on a traditional Chinese sail boat.
Phu Quoc Island RetreatPhu Quoc Island is an eco paradise due to its empty white sand beaches and laid back atmosphere. It is the perfect Vietnam beach destination for people looking to get away from the masses and completely unwind. During the winter months when the northern Vietnam beaches such as Danang and Hoi An experience cool weather, Phu Quoc Island offers a deliciously warm temperature (and fabulously fresh seafood!)
Vietnam Remote TrekThe Pu Luong Nature Reserve is an area of outstanding beauty, culture and biodiversity stretching from Mai Chau in the North West to Cuc Phuong National Park in the South East. The region is blessed with rich forest, limestone panoramas, magnificent rice terraces and breathtaking scenery. On this trip you can experience the everyday life and culture of Thai and Muong people and stay in scenic villages with traditional home stay accommodation. It’s not for the faint hearted!
- Vietnam’s capital city, Hanoi, has many highlights including Tran Quoc Pagoda, The Temple of Literature, and the bustling Old Quarter.
- Ha Long Bay is one of the most spectacular UNESCO World Heritage Areas and the world’s largest marine limestone ‘karst’ landscape.
- The Ancient Town of Hoi An, is an ancient trading port, once the largest in Indochina, Hoi An was a meeting point for many cultures that left their mark in the different architectural features of its wooden buildings.
- The Museum of War Remnants provides a very partial, but riveting, perspective of the ‘American War’ (not for the squeamish!) The Binh Tay market is located in China Town which is the biggest one in Ho Chi Minh City.
- The Cu Chi tunnels are a Byzantine maze of underground passages, chambers, rooms and booby traps used by both the Vietminh and the Viet Cong to suddenly materialize as if from nowhere, launch a lightning ambush, and vanish equally rapidly.
- Phu Quoc Island is home to some of the best beaches in Vietnam.
- Experience the rich culture of the rural fishing villages as you cruise along the Mekong Delta.
- In Cambodia Siem Reap is the main highlight and within its Temple complex, Angkor Wat is a key element.
Who is Global Basecamps?
Help Us Plant a Tree!
Did you know that for every trip we sell, we have a tree planted? Reforestation projects are one of the best ways to reduce the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, so travel responsibly by choosing Global Basecamps.
With the help of our partner, Carbonfund.org, we also offset our company's entire carbon footprint each year.
Interested in offsetting your entire trip? Let us know! We are currently working to provide full carbon offsetting options for every trip.