- Featured Destinations
- Sample Trips
- Exclusive Deals
- Custom Trip Planning
- Travel 101
- About Us
Custom Colombia Tours. Expert Travel Advice.
Vibrant Cities, Caribbean Coastlines - Prices from $1,828
Colombia is located in a privileged natural area of the world that offers a wide range of options to experience different natural destinations such as tropical beaches on the Pacific and the Caribbean coastlines, snow covered peaks in the Andes, humid rainforests in the Amazon, dry savannahs in “Los Llanos” or lush valleys that produce some of the highest quality coffees in the world.
Visit impressive world heritage listed historic cities, dance the night away to salsa beats, visit pristine tropical beaches, or kick back in sleepy colonial villages full of Spanish architecture and history. Dine in world class restaurants in sophisticated cities like Bogota, Medellin or Cali or step off the beaten path and immerse yourself in isolated natural reserves that support local community projects.
Global Basecamps is offering exclusive specials on trips to Colombia. Call us now at (866) 577 2462 or submit the form to start planning your Colombia Adventure!
Benefits of Responsible & Sustainable Tourism
We are not only dedicated to building you the trip of a lifetime, but we are also committed to supporting and protecting the destinations you visit.
Browse our collection of sample trips which have been designed to inspire you. Keep in mind, we customize every trip to meet your specific travel needs and budget.
Highlights of Colombia
Cartagena & Carribean CoastOur tour will visit pristine islands, gorgeous historic cities listed as UNESCO world heritage places, local indigenous communities, night clubs pulsing with Latin rhythms, amazing National Parks and cozy natural isolated beaches to kick back and forget about the rest of the world. Highlights include: Cartagena City tour, Tayrona National Park, Pink Flamingo Sanctuary, and the pristine beaches of San Andres and Providencia Island.
Colonial Colombia & Pacific CoastBegin your adventure exploring Colombia's capital city of Bogota. From there you'll make your way to the picturesque, historic colonial town of Villa de Leyva and experience true Colombian culture. End your journey with a visit to Nuqui Town on the Pacific coast, where you'll have the opportunity to go whale watching, and interact with the afro-Colombian locals.
Andes Mountain Trek & Cultural ImmersionSoak up the cultural scene in the colonial old quarter, take part in a walking or bike tour around the capital city of Bogota. You will then journey on the tiny easy-going town of Cocuy, where you will prepare for your mountain adventure in the nearby national park. End your excursion in Barichara, fall in love with this beautiful laid back Spanish style town that is frozen in time. Highlights include activities such as paragliding, whitewater rafting, or cave walks.
Colombian FlatlandsImmerse yourself if in history and culture during your first stop in Bogota, the cosmopolitan capital of Colombia. Escape the urban sprawl and journey to the natural reserve and hacienda in Casanare. Here you'll experience the stunning diversity of birds and other animals in the middle of the Colombian flatlands. This destination is a great choice to enjoy nature and learn first-hand about the cowboy lifestyle of local farmers.
Amazon AdventureTake a breath after arriving and spend some time in the massive and cosmopolitan capital of Colombia. After a few days of cultural immersion, visit the massive salt cathedral of Zipaquira, the top rated tourist lndmark in all of Colombia. From there you'll journey into the heart of the Amazon rainforest where you'll have the opportunity to mingle with the local iindigenous peoples and learn first-hand about their traditional customs. End your excursion in the spectacular Amacayacu national park.
- Bogota is the massive and cosmopolitan capital of Colombia and is home to old colonial districts, museums and galleries.
- Zipaquira , outside of Bogota, is home to the biggest salt cathedral on the planet.
- Puerto Nariño stands out for its orderliness, cleanliness, and the absence of pollution, because among other things, in spite of having paved streets, there are no cars.
- Amacayacu Park is a protected area where outings on the Nainekumaw trail, canoeing on the Matamata stream, climbing trees and walking through the canopies, visiting aboriginal tribes, and sailing on the floating house are all possible.
- Barichara is a beautiful laid back Spanish style town that is frozen in time. Blessed with perfect warm weather, this town offers historical bush walks to the nearby town of Guane and heaps of adventure sports to keep you busy.
- In Santa Marta lies San Pedro Alejandrino where the legendary Simon Bolivar (south American hero) spent his last days.
- Tayrona National Park is the place where the Caribbean ocean meets the deep forest and is home to ‘the best beach in South America’, as voted by the Lonely Planet.
- Cartagena is home to many cobbled streets and is the architectural jewel of Latin America.
- San Andres Island is a Colombian Caribbean island filled with fantastic beaches.
- Providencia is a small peaceful island and is truly a slice of heaven.
Request Free Quotes!
Who is Global Basecamps?
Help Us Plant a Tree!
Did you know that for every trip we sell, we have a tree planted? Reforestation projects are one of the best ways to reduce the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, so travel responsibly by choosing Global Basecamps.
With the help of our partner, Carbonfund.org, we also offset our company's entire carbon footprint each year.
Interested in offsetting your entire trip? Let us know! We are currently working to provide full carbon offsetting options for every trip.