- Featured Destinations
- Sample Trips
- Exclusive Deals
- Custom Trip Planning
- Travel 101
- About Us
Ecuador Travel. Expert Travel Advice.
Vibrant Quito, cloud forest and The Galapagos - Prices from $995
If you can't decide whether you want to trek snowcapped volcanoes, lounge on tropical beaches or explore lush jungles, Ecuador's diverse topography will allow you to do it all. Furthermore, it's relative small size and charming population makes travel in Ecuador an easy venture. Within days, one can wander through the streets of the old colonial city of Quito, white-water raft and experience the wildlife of the Mindo Cloud Forest, explore the beaches of the Galapagos Islands and take in the dramatic views of Ecuador's beautiful crater lake, Laguna Quilotoa.
These custom itineraries were formed to advance the goals of sustainable travel and offer the engaged traveler the very best of Ecuador, a small country with a truly astounding variety of cultural and natural attractions and resources. Let us take you on an amazing journey - from high Andean volcanoes, terraced farms, pueblos and markets, to lush bird-filled cloud forests. You will have the opportunity to experience up close and personally the beauty and diversity of Ecuador and its peoples, as you learn about their very real aspirations and the challenges they presently face. Our gently and expertly guided journey will take you through most of our planet's biological zones as well as diverse indigenous cultures. You will have a chance to meet friendly locals as well as like-minded travelers from all over the world, to enjoy rich cross-cultural exchanges, outdoor adventures, as well as quietly commune with nature.
Global Basecamps is offering exclusive specials on trips to Ecuador. Call us now at (866) 577 2462 or submit the form to start planning your Ecuador Adventure!
Benefits of Responsible & Sustainable Tourism
We are not only dedicated to building you the trip of a lifetime, but we are also committed to supporting and protecting the destinations you visit.
What You Get...
Browse our collection of sample trips which have been designed to inspire you. Keep in mind, we customize every trip to meet your specific travel needs and budget.
Highlights of Ecuador
QuitoQuito, the capital of Ecuador, was founded in the 16th century on the ruins of an Inca city and stands at an altitude of 2,850 m. Despite the 1917 earthquake, the city has the best-preserved, least altered historic center in Latin America. The monasteries of San Francisco and Santo Domingo, and the Church and Jesuit College of La Compañía, with their rich interiors, are pure examples of the 'Baroque school of Quito', which is a fusion of Spanish, Italian, Moorish, Flemish and indigenous art.
Huaorani Eco LodgeHuaorani Ecolodge is designed to provide an intimate, harmonious and environmentally sustainable experience. Staying at the lodge is way to share time with the Huaorani and experience the richness of their natural environment, while creating the least possible impact on the surroundings, keeping in mind that you are within the Yasuní Biosphere Reserve. The lodge is cozy, providing accommodation for a maximum of ten people housed in five comfortable, traditionally built, palm thatched cabins.
CotopaxiCotopaxi is the highest active volcano in the world. Learn about the traditional 'chagra' (Ecuadorian cowboy) history and culture. Visit the Cotopaxi National Park the interpretation center show us the most interesting descriptions of the local flora and fauna and also the ancient Cotopaxi eruptions. Other highlights include: the Limpiopungo lake and the ruins of El Salitre, formerly an Inca pucara (fortress), and the enchanting Manto Blanco waterfall.
Mindo Cloud ForestLocated about 50 miles northwest of Quito, Mindo is one of the most biologically diverse and endangered Cloud Forests in the world. Enjoy world-class birding, hiking in lush cloud forests replete with orchids and bromeliads, river tubing, as well as hikes to a primary forest reserve. Recognized as a world class bird watching site by BirdLife International.
Galapagos IslandsThe Galapagos Islands are among the planet’s premiere nature and wildlife destinations. The fascinating volcanic geology, unique flora and fauna, and isolated nature of the islands have pushed them to the forefront of scientific inquiry since the mid-1800s, and research on the 13 major islands continues to play a vital role in our understanding of evolution. See our Galapagos page for sea and land information we offer in and around the Galapagos Islands.
- Quito is the capital of Ecuador and is built on the ruins of an ancient Inca city. It is situated at the base of Pichincha, an active stratovolcano.
- The Middle of the World 45 mins from the capital Quito, you can go to see the Monument to the middle of the World.
- Otavalo is a region surrounded by majestic mountain ranges, full of fertile valleys and unmatchable scenic beauty, inhabited by kind people anxious to show you the customs and cultural heritage that make them so distinct
- The spectacular mountain region of Cotopaxi includes the highest active volcano in the world.
- Take the opportunity to join the people of the Huaorani Community of Quehueri’ono, You will be able to join them in some of their daily activities and have a chance to share some of their history, myths and magic.
- Besides world-class birding, in the Mindo Cloud Forest you can enjoy hiking in lush cloud forests replete with orchids and bromeliads, river tubing, the spectacular butterflies of the ´Mariposarium´, as well as hikes to a primary forest reserve.
- In the Galapagos Islands , Playa Ochoa is a subtle introduction to the Galapagos with a beautiful, white, powder-sand beach.
- You could also enjoy stunning views of the southern part of Isabela Island from Cura and El Mango. At Volcán Chico witness in miniature, the process that formed the Galapagos . At Tintoreras see white tipped sharks at rest, plus sea lions, turtles, rays and penguins.
Who is Global Basecamps?
Help Us Plant a Tree!
Did you know that for every trip we sell, we have a tree planted? Reforestation projects are one of the best ways to reduce the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, so travel responsibly by choosing Global Basecamps.
With the help of our partner, Carbonfund.org, we also offset our company's entire carbon footprint each year.
Interested in offsetting your entire trip? Let us know! We are currently working to provide full carbon offsetting options for every trip.