- Featured Destinations
- Sample Trips
- Exclusive Deals
- Custom Trip Planning
- Travel 101
- About Us
Custom Mekong Delta - Vietnam
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Prices From: $768 per person
For a brief introduction to Ho Chi Minh City and the Mekong Delta, this 3 night package offers a city tour of HCMC’s highlights and a memorable day trip to the Mekong on a traditional ‘sampan’. Enjoy a superb lunch at a French Indochine villa on the banks of the Mekong!
- Tour of Ho Chi Minh highlights including the Reunification Palace, the War Remnants Museum, Ben Thanh market
- Mekong Delta boat cruise
- Lunch in a French Indochine Villa
Day 1 - Arrival Of Ho Chi Minh City
Meet our driver at the airport and drive to hotel in Saigon. Free time at leisure.
Overnight:Ma Maison Boutique Hotel
Day 2 - Ho Chi Minh Full Day City Tour
- The Reunification Palace: This is one of the most important buildings in the city. Here on April 30th 1975 the ‘American War’ officially ended when tank number 843 of the North Vietnamese Army crashed through the gates of what was, at the time the residence of the President of the Republic of Vietnam.
- War Remnants Museum: Formerly known as the Museum of American War Crimes, this is a poignant display of the futility of war. Some of the black and white photography in the ‘Requiem’ exhibit is particularly touching, dedicated to both foreign and Vietnamese journalists and photographers who perished during the conflict. The courtyard outside contains the spoils of war, namely rusting jets, tanks and cannons captured from the American military machine.
- Notre Dame Cathedral and Old Post Office: Built between 1877 and 1883 this is one of the best examples of classical French colonial architecture. Remarkably every stone used in its creation was shipped from France to Vietnam. Her two 40m towers, topped with iron spires dominate the city’s skyline. The Old Post Office is another example of French colonial architecture and is also the country’s largest post office. At approximately 1pm we shall take lunch in a local Vietnamese restaurant.
- Giac Lam Pagoda: This is Ho Chi Minh City’s oldest pagoda, dating back to 1744 and one of the finest in Vietnam. Inside 98 pillars and 113 statues and a myriad of mini-Buddhas vie for your attention. Don’t miss the amazing Tree of Wandering Souls where people pray for their sick relatives by writing the names of their loved ones on slips of paper and then attaching them to the tree.
- Cholon, including the Thien Hau Pagoda: Cholon actually means Big Market – a claim that is well justified as Vietnam’s largest market, the Binh Tay is situated here. The district is home to the city’s 400,000 Chinese and has many beautiful temples and pagodas.
- Ben Thanh Market: This bustling market is very popular with tourists, primarily due to its central location. It has a wide selection of goods ranging from fake Nike shoes to beautiful silk Ao Dais. The tour finishes at approximately 6pm when you will be transferred back to your hotel.
Overnight:Ma Maison Boutique Hotel(Lunch included)
Day 3 - Cai Be Princess - Mekong Delta Boat
Our one day cruise excursion starts from Ho Chi Minh with a drive to Cai Be – Phu An where we will board the Cai Be Princess at around 10.00 am. The tour will start with the visit of Cai Be colorful floating market. We will proceed by the visit of some local home factories such as rice paste making, rice pop corn, coco candies, and longans drying processing.
The trip continues along the Mekong canals to Dong Hoa Hiep Island located between Vinh Long and Cai Be. During this 40 minutes cruise you will discover beautiful landscapes along the river and observe the typical Mekong delta rural life. Stops on the way can be made upon request for particular visits or photos making. These evergreen islands among the Mekong River still remain unknown to many people.
Lunch awaits you at Le Longanier restaurant at La Residence de Phu An resort, a superb Indochine style resort. After a short walk along a narrow canal, the excursion will end at around 3.30pm where the vehicle will await you for your transfer back to Saigon.
Overnight:Ma Maison Boutique Hotel(Lunch included)
Day 4 - Departure
Free time till our driver picks you to Saigon airport for your flight home.
Ma Maison Boutique Hotel
Just a short alley from the main Cach Mang Thang Tam Street, Ma Maison Boutique Hotel caters to demanding clients of long-term expats and French art aficionados. Located in a local labor area where Vietnamese daily real life can be reflected in its most truthful way, this boutique house is brought out to be such an extraordinary in every possible way. Twelve luxurious rooms ranging from garden or city view Standard, Signature to Deluxe coupled with original antique design capture the warmth of casual French country. Little Bistro Restaurant serves guests Asian and European signature dishes on a French farmhouse wood table surrounded by modern leather and ladder-back chairs. Unlike highly polished furniture, French provincial pieces are user-friendly and even elegant. As simple has its beauty and longevity, rooftop windy fresh-air balcony open up a wide sky of ease and comfort.
Region: Asia - Southeast
Nearest Airport: SGN
Ho Chi Minh City
The price includes:
- English speaking guide
- All transfers and transportation
- Meals as indicated in itinerary
- Accommodation as mentioned hotels including breakfast
- Water, fruit, wet tissues
- Admission fees and permits where applicable
The price excludes:
- Hotels pre and post trip
- Visa Arrangements