- Featured Destinations
- Sample Trips
- Exclusive Deals
- Custom Trip Planning
- Travel 101
- About Us
Surat Thani, Thailand
Prices From: $250 pp/per day
Elephant Hills is Thailands first luxury tented jungle camp, combining the camp idea of African national parks with Thai tropical forest environment. Elephant Hills offers a range of multi-day safari's that incorporate elephant trekking through the rainforest, canoeing down the Sok River, jungle trekking and visits to the Cheow Larn Lake and mangrove forests.
The 20 luxurious tents are tailor-made and set in the largest area of rainforest in Southern Thailand. Each tent features twin beds, a fan, a kettle with tea and coffee making facilities, electricity and outlets, and a luxurious bathroom with toilet, hot/cold shower and hair dryer. The tents provide ample space and are well protected against mosquitoes and other possible intruders. The furniture is handmade by local, skilled craftsmen using natural materials and provides all the comfort a guest would normally find in a hotel room. There are enough lights to read by and fill your diaries with the days observations.
At the center of the camp is the semi-open air main camp housing the restaurant. This serves as the place to meet other guests. Two resident monkeys also make an occasional appearance and a variety of birds can be watched.
The forest is filled with animals and plants, some of them can only be found in this environment. A night at Elephant Hills is a unique experience; the temperatures drop, campfires create a romantic and warm atmosphere in which to share travel tales and the rainforest and its inhabitants form an exciting concert that accompanies visitors through the night.
From a scenic canoe trip on the Sok River and a ride on elephant back through the forest, to various trekking routes that can match all skill levels the camp is the perfect base to meet the unique and natural treasures Southern Thailand has to offer. Guests are able to learn about the tropical environment and its inhabitants, elephants and their conservation and some of the secrets of Thai cooking will also be lifted here.
Region: Asia - Southeast
Nearest Airport: BKK
Khao Sok National Park
- Please note that all rates are subject to change due to exchange rate fluctuations.
- Rates are per person, per night and include accommodation, meals, organized nature based activities and transfers. Elephant Hills is not a hotel or resort and room only reservations are not available.
- All tour itineraries may be subject to change, due to; weather, local and political conditions and for reasons outside of Elephant Hills control on the day of the tour. Under these circumstances tour itineraries will be run as close to the issued itinerary as possible.
- All guests undertaking a tour and staying at Elephant Hills MUST have personal travel insurance for the duration of their stay at Elephant Hills.
- Elephant Hills tours are not reccomended for children under the age of 7.
- Elephant Hills does not accept responsibility for children under the age of 7, pregnant women, people of ill health or anyone who is suffering from any congenital disease, sickness or injury unknown to Elephant Hills prior to arrival.
- Up to 30 days before the tour date, cancellation will result in a 10% administration fee.
- From 30?15 Days there will be a 50% cancellation charge.
- Less than 14 days or a ?no show? on the day of the tour will result in a 100% cancellation charge.