- Featured Destinations
- Sample Trips
- Exclusive Deals
- Custom Trip Planning
- Travel 101
- About Us
Grootbos Garden Lodge
Gansbaai, South Africa
Prices From: $235 - $310
The Grootbos Garden Lodge, a 5-star resort set in a lush indigenous surrounding, is the ideal family getaway. Made from stone, thatch and a selection of fine timber, the lodge is stylish and modern with a strong African feel. Telescopes allow the guests to survey the stunning views and the library offers a superb collection of nature books to peruse at your leisure. Each suite, covering a minimum of 75 square meters, is privately located and tucked into the surrounding Milkwood forest and indigenous gardens. Every suite has its own lounge, one or two elegantly furnished bedrooms and a large en-suite bathroom. The open plan lounge, complete with a freestanding fireplace, is ideal for cozy and romantic evenings.
Hidden high above the famous Walker Bay between the towns of Stanford and Gansbaai, lies South Africa's Premier Marine and Floral Destination, the Grootbos Nature Reserve. Situated between mountain and sea less than 2 hours from Cape Town, Grootbos offers stylish 5-star accommodations, international / African cuisine, warm hospitality and many nature-based tourism activities that could only be described as world-class. Grootbos is a nature lover's paradise; a multi-award winning lodge that benchmarks nature tourism with its collection of eco-sensitive guided trips that will take one into the intricate world of plants and animals, both on land and at sea.
Region: Africa - Eastern and Southern
Nearest Airport: CPT
P.O. Box 148
- Luxury accommodation in free standing suites, welcome drink, five course dinner (fine cuisine prepared by master chefs), breakfast buffet with full English breakfast menu, light lunch, fresh fruit basket daily, transfer to boat activity (Dyer Island), horse riding, guided walks or drives in the reserve and various maps of the area or for self guided walks.
- Children up to the age of 3 stay free of charge.
- Children of all ages staying in their own bedroom, pay full adult rates.
- Minimum stay of 2 nights.
- All requests, confirmations and cancellations are only valid if in writing.
- Actual nightly rates may vary slightly from stated rates, at the time of booking, due to currency fluctuations.
- Cancellations received 14 to 30 days prior to arrival: 50% of reservation refunded
- 7 to 14 days prior arrival: 25% refunded
- 0 to 7 days prior arrival: no refund