- Featured Destinations
- Sample Trips
- Exclusive Deals
- Custom Trip Planning
- Travel 101
- About Us
Sample Trips Itineraries to Inspire You
Browse trips from our key destinations
Click on the country name below to view sample suggested itineraries from some of our key destinations.
- Japan - Cosmopolitan Cities, Natural Beauty and Culture
- Vietnam - Breathtaking Coastline, History, Culture and Hill Tribes
- Thailand - Bangkok, Beaches, Islands and Northern Highlands
- Uganda - Inspiring National Parks, and the Most Varied Wildlife On Earth
- Tanzania - Serengeti, Kilimanjaro, Cultural Tours and Zanzibar
- Morocco - Imperial Cities, Sahara Desert and the Atlas Mountains
- Peru - Inca Trail, Jungle Lodges, and Beaches
- Ecuador - Galapagos, Amazon, Andes and Quito's Heritige
- Colombia - Coastal Retreats, Cities, Andes and Amazon
Japan Destination Information
- One of the world's most exciting cities, Tokyo offers incredible shopping, colorful and unique fashion, fascinating museums, an exciting nightlife, beautiful parks and gardens, and much more.
- Kyoto, the cultural heart of Japan, contains an enthralling mix of ancient Buddhist temples, Shinto shrines, Japanese gardens, and World Heritage sites, blended with all the features of modern Japan.
- On a clear day, Hakone offers clear views of Mt. Fuji, and no matter what you'll find soothing hot springs, beautiful, lush hillsides, and a charming tourist circuit including a toy train, a gondola ride, and a cruise on Lake Ashi.
- The former capital Nara, just outside of Kyoto, is famous for its highly unique deer park, the great Buddha, and the Todaiji Temple, which can all be included in a one-day trip.
- The climbing season for Mt. Fuji peaks in July and August, when there is no snow and public transportation is easy and frequent. Young and old can climb Mt. Fuji, and the best time to go is at night so that your arrival on top coincides with sunrise.
- Takayama is a traditionally preserved town in a mountainous region of Japan, and holds one of Japan’s main attractions: the Takayama festival, which takes place in Spring and Autumn.
- The tropical islands of Okinawa are Japan's Hawaii, famous for their laid back population, healthy lifestyle, delicious food, and pristine beaches.
- The northernmost Japanese island of Hokkaido offers skiing and snowboarding in winter, unrivaled scenery in summer, and contains the amazing Shiretoko national park.
- Perfect day trips from Tokyo, the former capitals Kamakura and Nikko offer wonderful mixes of history, culture, and natural beauty.
Why Global Basecamps Works
- Our partner lodges, hotels and tour guides share our mission in
- From safaris in Tanzania, to private cruises in Galapagos, our trips are
- Thanks to our close professional relationships, our pricing remains
Help Us Plant a Tree
We love planting trees, and Global Basecamps makes it a priority to donate to reforestation efforts every year. In fact, we plant a tree for every traveler we send around the world.
Reforestation projects are one of the best ways to reduce the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, so travel responsibly by choosing Global Basecamps.
In 2014, Global Basecamps, along with local partners, financially supported the planting of 56,000 Quena trees in the Yanacocha and Queunacocha communities in the Peruvian Andes mountains.