- Featured Destinations
- Sample Trips
- Exclusive Deals
- Custom Trip Planning
- Travel 101
- About Us
Prices From: $225
Posada Amazonas is a 30 bedroom lodge owned by the Community of Infierno. Thanks to its accesibility, excellent wildlife observation opportunities, cultural context and comfortable accommodations, Posada Amazonas is ideal for a two or three night introduction to the Amazon´s richest rainforests.
Posada Amazonas is built using a combination of traditional native materials (wood, palm fronds, wild cane and clay) and architecture and modern day eco-lodge technology.The rooms are quite large and can comfortably hold three beds, although most are set up for two. One side of each room does not have a wall or screening, acting as a large window overlooking the forest. The ability to incorporate this "luxurious" design element is due to a lack of mosquitos around the lodge clearing. A second small window on the opposite side, set up very high, keeps the rooms well ventilated.
Each room has a private bathroom with cold water only. Rooms and bathrooms are separated by drapes. Each room has beds, mosquito nets, bedside tables and hammocks or lounge chairs. Rooms are decorated with bas-relief wood-carvings representing stories and characters from Ese-eja traditions.
Common areas are open and spacey and offer ample area for resting and socializing. They include a dining room and bar, a reception lounge with souvenir shop, and an interpretation center. Dining at Posada Amazonas consists of three self-serve three course meals. Meals consist of soup or appetizers, salad, main course, and desserts combining Peruvian and international cuisine. Posada Amazonas also provides at all times unlimited amounts of boiled, filtered, cooled drinking water, coffee or tea and fresh fruit juices during the meals.
Posada Amazonas is located within the territory of the Infierno Community. It is built within the 2,000 hectare, private, communal reserve, which in turn is directly adjacent to the Tambopata National Reserve. It offers enough quality natural and cultural resources to keep your agenda full for your two or three night stay: giant river otters at an oxbow lake, parrots at a clay lick, a canopy tower and an ethnobotanical trail.
Region: South America
Nearest Airport: LIM
Tambopata National Reserve
- Rates are per person, per program.
- Rates Include: All hotel and lodge accommodations based on double occupancy. All scheduled land and river transportation. All transfers. All scheduled excursions with English-speaking guide services. Meals as specified in the itinerary.
- Rates Do Not Include: International or domestic airfares, airport departure taxes or visa fees, excess baggage charges, additional nights during the trip due to flight cancellations, alcoholic beverages or bottled water, snacks, insurance of any kind, laundry, phone calls, radio calls or messages, reconfirmation of flights and items of personal nature.
- All of the guides are biologists, tourism professionals, or community members. Unless noted otherwise, all guides speak English and are assigned at a 10:1 ratio. Private guides or a guide in a language other than English can be arranged upon request.
- Posada Amazonas has no electricity. Light is provided by numerous kerosene lamps and candles. A generator is turned on once a day to recharge batteries for guests or lodge facilities. Bringing a good flashlight for night is highly recommended.
- Rainforest Expeditions SAC highly recommends that all guests protect themselves with travel insurance to prevent any financial losses.
For cancellations within the final 30 days before departure date, there will be no refunds.