- Featured Destinations
- Sample Trips
- Exclusive Deals
- Custom Trip Planning
- Travel 101
- About Us
Manu Cloud Forest Expedition
Manu National Park, Peru
Prices From: $450
The Manu Cloud Forest Expedition offers the world's best Andean Cock-of-the-Rock experience in a pristine cloud forest reserve located in the Manu National Park. This excursion includes lodging at the Cock-of-the-Rock Lodge located in the pristine Manu cloud forest on the verdant eastern slopes of the Andes.
The lodge is named after the Andean Cock-of-the-Rock, Peru's large, bright-red national bird that puts on a colorful and noisy mating display every morning. Spectacled bears, monkeys, quetzals and a host of other colorful birds inhabit the surrounding forest and a bubbling mountain stream tumbles past the lodge.
Situated at an elevation of 5000 feet (1600 meters) in the cool, mosquito-free Kosñipata Valley close to the wild Cusco–Shintuya road, the lodge protects and supports a 12,500-acre cloud forest reserve. It consists of 12 double-occupancy bungalows with private bath facilities and a separate complex with a large dining room. A local highland family staffs the lodge, and they also work as rangers, patrolling the private reserve.
Region: South America
Nearest Airport: LIM
Manu National Park
- Operates from April-November 2008
INCLUDED IN THE RATE:
- Transfers to/from Cusco via private bus.
- Accommodations with all meals from lunch on the first day to the breakfast on the last day.
- English speaking guide.
- Guided excursions and Cloud Forest Tours
NOT INCLUDED IN THE RATE:
- Extra services, personal expenses and tips. Passengers should bring some cash.
- Services in Spanish and English speaking guides available.
- Prices are subject to change without notice due to entrance fees, airfares, taxes, and other increases out of our control.
- Airfare and Manu National park entrance fee not included in rate.
- Educational, birding and family itineraries upon request.
- Please be sure to reconfirm your bookings as follows: Individuals - 45 days before arrival / Groups - 60 days before arrival including rooming list.
- Reservations for 4 or more rooms are considered as a group.
- For more information, payment policy, cancellation fees, itineraries & maps please contact us.
- For individuals: Cancellation within 15 days prior departure 50% penalty of the full rate, within 14 up to 1 day prior departure 100% penalty of the full rate.
- For organized tours groups: Cancellation within 45 days prior departure 50% penalty of the full rate, within 30 to 15 days prior departure 75% penalty of the full rate, within 14 up to 1 day prior departure 100% penalty of the full rate.
- No shows : 100% penalty of the full rate.