- Featured Destinations
- Sample Trips
- Exclusive Deals
- Custom Trip Planning
- Travel 101
- About Us
Samburu National Reserve, Kenya
Prices From: $370
Saruni Samburu is a 'design' lodge located 7km from Samburu National Reserve, in Kenya's wild north. Surrounded by a 95,000 hectares private conservancy and perched on top of a spectacular viewpoint, the lodge offers a first-class safari experience in a totally un-spoilt environment, off-the-beaten-track and very close to the wildlife.
Saruni Samburu features six tented cottages and a large swimming pool with a dramatic view over Samburu, an area for massage and beauty treatments called Samburu Wellbeing Space, and several areas to use as hides or view points for the waterholes that attract elephant, reticulated giraffe, zebra, oryx and all the species that make Kalama so special.
In addition to the game drives to Samburu National reserve, Buffalo Springs National Reserve and West Gate Conservancy, activities will include night and morning game drive in Kalama Conservancy, rock climbing, professionally-led game walks, bush dinners and star gazing. The traditions and semi-nomadic heritage of the local Samburu people are an important part of the experience. Led by professional Samburu guides, guests enjoy a new dimension of this rightfully popular region: the feeling of exclusivity, of having an incredibly large area totally to their own, and a high level of comfort and tailor-made service.
Saruni Samburu has its own private airstrip near the Kalama Wildlife Conservancy headquarters, but it is also easily served by the other airstrips of the area where scheduled flights land.
Region: Africa - Eastern and Southern
Nearest Airport: NBO
Kalama Wildlife Conservancy
Samburu National Reserve
- The Camp opens on the 1st of June and remains open all year round.
- All Cheli & Peacock clients are required to purchase a $15 (15 days) or $25 (2 months) Flying Doctor's Medical Policy, which will be automatically added to booking.
- Children under 5 are free of charge.
- Child rates are applicable for children between the ages of 5-16, sharing accommodation with an adult.
INCLUDED IN RATES:
- Full Board Accommodation
- Soft Drinks, Beer, House Wines and Non-Luxury Spirits
- Day and Night Game Drives
- Walking Safaris in The Mornings and Evenings / Guided Bush Walks
- Transfers to Cultural Visits
- Bush Meals
- One Complimentary Massage per Cottage
- Local Airstrip Transfers
- Laundry Service
EXCLUDED / ACTIVITY COST:
- Conservation Fees : Adult US$ 60, Children under 18: US$ 30
- Extra Lunch/Dinner per person: US$ 40
- Exclusive Use Of Vehicle Per Day, Per Vehicle: US$ 330
- Transfers (one way) to Shaba US$ 200
- Cultural Visits US$ 10
(Clients are required to check out of their tents/rooms at 10h00)
- Champagne & Luxury Spirits and Wines
- Any Additional Massages or Spa Treatments
Should you cancel your booking this must be done in writing. Cancellations are only effective on receipt of written notification. If you cancel prior to 8 weeks before the departure your deposit is forfeited. If your
cancellation is made after the due date for full payment of your tour fare, charges will be levied as a percentage of the tour prices as follows:
- Less than 8 weeks notice 25%
- Less than 5 weeks notice 60%
- Less than 3 weeks notice 100%
Should you fail to join a tour or join it after departure or leave prior to its completion, no tour fare refund can be made. (Please note that if the reason for the cancellation falls within the terms of any holiday insurance policy which you hold, then the insurance company, subject to the terms of your insurance will normally refund any such charges to you.)