- Featured Destinations
- Sample Trips
- Exclusive Deals
- Custom Trip Planning
- Travel 101
- About Us
Masai Mara, Kenya
Prices From: $470
Richard's Camp is a traditional tented camp in true African safari style with a few modern surprises. Situated in a conservation area northwest of The Masai Mara Game Reserve, with riverine forest and short grass plains, this area is renowned for the most exceptional big game viewing worldwide.
Each individually decorated tent has either twin or double beds with triple rooms available for families upon request. The solar system provides clean, silent power and 24-hour light to all the tents. All of the 7 large and spacious custom-designed tents feature an en-suite flush toilet and shower - rarely has sleeping under canvas been made so comfortable.
As the weather almost always permits, meals are most often enjoyed outdoors under Kenyan skies. During those rare rainy or chilly evenings, dining moves indoors, adjacent to the beautiful, cozy sitting room with a roaring fire. Enjoy flopping on the sofa to read or just relax. At the end of the day, guests can indulge in an open-air Victorian bath tucked away in the forest, surrounded by flickering candles and the sounds of the bush.
The Masai Mara is located in South Western Kenya. Together with Tanzania's Serengeti it forms one of the worlds most diverse and spectacular eco-systems.
The camp is located approximately 180 kms West of Nairobi (about a 4 1/2 hour drive). We have a small airfield adjacent to the camp for private charters, or within 20 minutes drive, the large airstrip is located for scheduled air services.
Region: Africa - Eastern and Southern
Nearest Airport: NBO
- The Camp is closed during the months of April and May.
- 2 Night Minimum Stay
- A $15 USD fee is added to all safaris for Flying Doctor Society insurance.
- Children under 5 are free.
Included in rates:
- Local Airstrip Transfers
- Full Board Accommodation
- Soft Drinks, Beer, Spirits and House Wines
- Game Drives In 4-Wheel-Drive Vehicles
- Night Game Drives
- Guided Bush Walks
- Bush Meals
- Transfers for Cultural Visits
- Laundry Service
Not included in rates:
- Conservation Fees - Adult $45 USD and Child Under 12 $25 USD
- Extra Lunch Per Person $40 USD
- Exclusive Use Of Vehicle Per Day - Per Vehicle $330 USD
- Balloon Trip - Transworld - Per Person $450 (Adults) and $260 (Children 8-12) USD
- Afternoon airstrip transfers per vehicle: Full Adult Per Person, Per Night Rate
- Transfer from RC to Talek $180 USD
- Transfer from RC to Cottars $360 USD
- Transfer from RC to Saruni $180 USD
- Transfer from RC to Elephant Pepper $180 USD
- Massai Fees for Cultural Visits
- Champagne, Special Wines and Luxury Spirits
Should you cancel your booking this must be done in writing. Cancellations are only effective on receipt of written notification. If you cancel prior to 8 weeks before the departure your deposit is forfeited. If your cancellation is made after the due date for full payment of your tour fare, charges will be levied as a percentage of the tour prices as follows:
- Less than 8 weeks notice 25%
- Less than 5 weeks notice 60%
- Less than 3 weeks notice 100%
Should you fail to join a tour or join it after departure or leave prior to its completion, no tour fare refund can be made. (Please note that if the reason for the cancellation falls within the terms of any holiday insurance policy which you hold, then the insurance company, subject to the terms of your insurance will normally refund any such charges to you.)