- Featured Destinations
- Sample Trips
- Exclusive Deals
- Custom Trip Planning
- Travel 101
- About Us
Cottar's 1920's Safari Camp
Masai Mara, Kenya
Prices From: $640
Situated in the Masai Mara, bordering the Serengeti and Loliondo reserves in an untouched 250,000 acre exclusive concession providing the client a guarantee of privacy and an abundance of wildlife. This 1920's camp experience returns to the original spirit and essence of 'safari', reminiscent of a golden bygone era, an era of romance, adventure and elegance. Here one will experience the ultimate in personalized service and guiding.
The camp accommodates up to 16 clients in authentic white canvas tents, which are spacious and luxuriously furnished. They incorporate original safari antiques from the '20's, private ensuite dressing rooms, bathrooms, a spacious bedroom and a verandah.
Calvin and Louise Cottar reside at the camp and are complimented by highly experienced and knowledgeable guides. Calvin and his team will take you on walks through the bush to experience close encounters with wildlife. Being close to the border with the Serengeti, the spectacular wildebeest migration moves through this area every year and prolific game viewing is guaranteed whether on foot or in a 4-wheel drive vehicle.
For those who find themselves hooked on Africa, there comes a time when they want something different, something remote and wild … not every guide can take you there.
Region: Africa - Eastern and Southern
Nearest Airport: NBO
- Closed from the 1st April - 31st May 2008
- A $15 USD fee is added to all safaris for Flying Doctor Society insurance.
- 2 Night Minimum Stay
- Children under 5 are free.
Included in rates:
- Local Airstrip Transfers
- Full Board Accommodation
- Soft Drinks, Beer, Spirits & House Wines
- Game Drives in 4-Wheel Drive Vehicles
- Night Game Drives
- Guided Bush Walks
- River Swimming and River Fishing
- Bush Meals
- Massage and Aromatherapy
- Laundry Service
Not included in rates:
- Conservation Fees - Adult $45 USD and Child Under 12 $25 USD
- Extra Lunch Per Person $40 USD
- Exclusive Use Of Vehicle Per Day - Per Vehicle $330 USD
- Balloon Trip - Keekerok - Per Person $398 USD
- Calvin Cottar as a Private Guide - Per Day $540 USD
- Transfer from Cottars to Talek $180 USD
- Transfer from Cottars to Elephant Pepper Camp $360 USD
- Transfer from Cottars to Saruni $360 USD
- Transfer from Cottars to Richard's Camp $360 USD
- Champagne, Special Wines and Luxury Spirits
Should you cancel your booking this must be done in writing. Cancellations are only effective on receipt of written notification. If you cancel prior to 8 weeks before the departure your deposit is forfeited. If your cancellation is made after the due date for full payment of your tour fare, charges will be levied as a percentage of the tour prices as follows:
- Less than 8 weeks notice 25%
- Less than 5 weeks notice 60%
- Less than 3 weeks notice 100%
Should you fail to join a tour or join it after departure or leave prior to its completion, no tour fare refund can be made. (Please note that if the reason for the cancellation falls within the terms of any holiday insurance policy which you hold, then the insurance company, subject to the terms of your insurance will normally refund any such charges to you.)