- Featured Destinations
- Sample Trips
- Exclusive Deals
- Custom Trip Planning
- Travel 101
- About Us
Prices From: $400
Loisaba bestrides the border of Laikipia and Kenya's rugged Northern Frontier District. Only a few miles from the equator, this private game ranch on 60,000 acres is in a wilderness of remote beauty. It is a setting little changed since the Great Rift Valley split Africa in two, creating the dramatic escarpment on which the lodge is built. Luxurious, yet in harmony with its surroundings; full of adventure, yet an oasis of calm.
Set on the escarpment with panoramic views, the main lodge has 7 rooms – 4 doubles and 3 twins, all with ensuite bathrooms. The celebrated Star Beds – Kiboko and Kioja – each comprising of 2 double star bed sleeping platforms and one large family platform which all have ensuite bathroom facilities and showers.
A separate truly exclusive, self-contained, serviced, private cottage is also available. With two double ensuite bedrooms, it has its own game drive vehicle.
Loisaba House and Cottage offer guests private and exclusive accommodation, they have their own staff, car and guide, as well as access to the main lodge's facilities including the spa, swimming pool, and tennis court. Additional activities include horse riding, bush walking, game driving, and camel trekking.
Loisaba is made for adventure: guests enjoy complete freedom to choose how they spend their time … the only barrier is your own imagination. Trek through the bush with camels, mountain bike down the escarpment, raft the Ewaso Nyiro, horseback ride or drive through the wild canyons of the two great rivers that span this vast area.
The ranch also owns a micro-light and aeroplane so there are no limits to what you choose to do: heli-camp, then surf the remote sand dunes of the Northern Frontier District, rock-climb the soaring pinnacles thrusting up from the valley floor or just play a little tennis and lie by the pool.
A place of deep serenity, Loisaba attracts big game just as it attracts guests: both know they will be safe and well looked after, free to roam unconfined and undisturbed.
Region: Africa - Eastern and Southern
Nearest Airport: NBO
- Loisaba Wilderness (all properties) are closed from 1st to 31st May 08.
- Loisaba Starbeds are also closed from 1st November to 30th Nov 08.
- Loisaba House is also closed from 6th January to 30th June 08, 6th September to 15th December 08.
- 2 Night Minimum Stay.
- A $15 USD fee is added to all safaris for Flying Doctor Society insurance.
- Children under 5 are free, Child rates apply to children 5-16 years of age.
Included in rates:
- Local Airstrip Transfers
- Full Board Accommodation
- Soft Drinks, Beer, Spirits & House Wines
- Game Drives In 4-Wheel Drive Vehicles
- Night Game Drives
- Guided Bush Walks
- Horse Riding And Camel Riding
- Mountain Biking
- Cultural Visits
- River Rafting and River Fishing (Seasonal)
- Bush Meals
- Tennis and Croquet
- Swimming Pool
- Laundry Service
Not included in rates:
- Conservation Fees - Adult $60 USD and Child Under 18 $30 USD
- Extra Lunch Per Person $40 USD
- Exclusive Use Of Vehicle Per Day - Per Vehicle $330 USD
- Quad Bikes (Quads for Classrooms- this helps the local school) Per hour Per Quad $100 USD
- Hot Air Balloon Trips: US$450 (Adult) and US$285 (Child)
- Helicopter Excursions (Prices on Request)
- Champagne, Special Wines and Luxury Spirits
- Spa and Massage
Should you cancel your booking this must be done in writing. Cancellations are only effective on receipt of written notification. If you cancel prior to 8 weeks before the departure your deposit is forfeited. If your cancellation is made after the due date for full payment of your tour fare, charges will be levied as a percentage of the tour prices as follows:
- Less than 8 weeks notice 25%
- Less than 5 weeks notice 60%
- Less than 3 weeks notice 100%
Should you fail to join a tour or join it after departure or leave prior to its completion, no tour fare refund can be made. (Please note that if the reason for the cancellation falls within the terms of any holiday insurance policy which you hold, then the insurance company, subject to the terms of your insurance will normally refund any such charges to you.)