- Featured Destinations
- Sample Trips
- Exclusive Deals
- Custom Trip Planning
- Travel 101
- About Us
MV Katharina Exploratory Cruises
Prices From: $700 - $900 pp
Since 1985 Sea Trek has been cruising the Eastern Indonesian seas, bringing small groups of 10 to 16 passengers to explore the most remote islands of the archipelago. Over the years they have discovered more and more enchanting places, uncovered more and more beautiful sea gardens and trekked through more and more jungles, savannas and tribal villages.
This experience is shared by each tour leader and probably represents their most valuable asset. Today their itineraries and programs reflect the best of their discoveries. Yet their cruises are still open to any new exploration you would like to experience, guided by their cruise-directors knowledge of the terrain and local populations.
The exploratory cruises offered at Anasia are not designed for the sake of pure boating. Most of the movements of the boat will be at nighttime, to create maximum opportunity at daytime for excursions or leisure activities on the islands visited. Whatever your interests are, you will get plenty out of the daily explorations of seas and lands, for all cruises truly offer "activities for everyone".
Anasia Cruises' goal is to let you discover places off the beaten track, places hardly ever visited by a Westerner, untouched sites of astonishing natural beauty where traditional life has little changed... The entire Indonesian archipelago is a dream world for travelers but it is in its eastern half, from Flores to Irian Jaya, far from the crowds of Java and Bali, where thousands of undisturbed small islands are awaiting the explorer in search of "an untouched world".
The remote Eastern Indonesian islands are, in their great majority, only accessible by sea and the lack of regular shipping routes prevents the ordinary traveler from visiting them. Their cruises are a privileged way of discovering Eastern Indonesia.
Anasia uses their own sailing vessels, wooden schooners recently built in the tradition of Indonesian Phinisi boats. Reasonably sized and easy to handle in high as well as low waters, they are able to reach any tiny island we'd like to set foot on. Experience the thrill of cruising on a Phinisi.
Region: Asia - Southeast
Nearest Airport: DPS
Each cruise price applies to one individual adult.
- The price is based on a twin/double sharing cabin.
- A child (0-10) will pay 40% of the fare, provided he/she shares a triple cabin a third occupant.
- Third adult occupant in a triple cabin allows for 50% discount.
- A single cabin occupancy incurs a 50% surcharge.
The cruise price includes:
- Journey on the vessel with full board and accommodation of air conditioned en-suite cabins - 2 twin (2 single beds, upper and lower), 4 double (1 double + 1 single upper bed), and 1 family(1 king size + 1 single bed + 1 bedstead, windows with a sea view). In 2007 a surcharge for this cabin is due of one extra 'ticket', i.e., two pax will pay for three. Rate for family cabin occupancy on request.
- Transfer from airport to vessel and vice versa.
- Free use of leisure on board equipment.
- All excursions organized ashore, also included entrance fee to Komodo National Park.
- Meals taken ashore as specified in the cruise program.
- Free snacks, coffee, tea, and soft drinks all day long - wine is complimentary for dinner.
- Services of a cruise director/tour leader.
Nationals of most countries don't need to apply for their visas to enter Indonesia from their home countries. The Immigration grant a visa-on-arrival for USD25 for a period of 30 days.
We recommend that before your departure you have checked if your travel insurance secures the proper coverage. The remoteness of the islands we visit may make an emergency medical evacuation very costly.
- Non-refundable 25% deposit upon confirmation.
- Remaining 75% due not later than 30 days prior to departure.