- Featured Destinations
- Sample Trips
- Exclusive Deals
- Custom Trip Planning
- Travel 101
- About Us
Costa Rica Tours. Expert Travel Advice.
Caribbean, Pacific, Volcanoes and Cloud Forests - Prices from $1,368
The birthplace of ecotourism, Costa Rica is home to lush jungles, mystical cloud forests, endless beaches and an incredible array of wildlife. For a unique perspective of Costa Rica's rainforests, take a canopy tour to discover indigenous plant and animal life as well as incredible panoramic views of surrounding mountains, volcanoes and coastline. After days of exploring Costa Rica's lush jungles and forests, become refreshed and revitalized by rafting down the wild Rio Grande de Orosi, snorkeling among the pristine Isla Tortuga's coral reefs or simply chilling out along the beautiful, sun-drenched Nicoya Peninsula coastline. Over the past several years this small country has rapidly become a premier travel destination, and with its diverse ecosystems, incredible natural beauty and mellow atmosphere, it is easy to see why.
Global Basecamps is offering exclusive itineraries for trips to Costa Rica. Call us now at (866) 577 2462 or submit the form to start planning your Costa Rica Adventure!
Benefits of Responsible & Sustainable Tourism
We are not only dedicated to building you the trip of a lifetime, but we are also committed to supporting and protecting the destinations you visit.
What You Get...
Browse our collection of sample trips which have been designed to inspire you. Keep in mind, we customize every trip to meet your specific travel needs and budget.
Highlights of Costa Rica
Arenal VolcanoThe country's most active volcano, Arenal's eruptions are strombolian in type, being frequent but moderate and can be viewed without danger as long as the viewers are behind the safety perimeter. This constant activity and minimal endangerment makes Arenal a popular tourist destination, especially at night, because the lava and incandescent rocks make a spectacular sight. The La Fortuna Waterfall is a steep hike and short swim away from Arenal. This area offers some of the most gorgeous scenery in all of Costa Rica. The 70-meter ribbon of water falls into a great swimming hole, surrounded by lush tropical forest, protected by the local conservation project. The water below is a greenish-blue that makes for a pleasing view.
Monte Verde Cloud Forest AdventureThe Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve is a private non-profit reserve administered by the Tropical Science Center, and contains 6 distinct ecological zones. The canopy is extremely rich with birds, insects, butterflies, and thousands of plants. The Monte Verde Cloud Forest Sky Trek is a system of zip lines ranging from mountain to mountain, which together have a distance of 2.5 miles of linear cable. The tour gives you the opportunity to fly through a cable and have a unique experience of adventure and adrenaline at speeds up to 40 miles per hour with distances ranging up to 2500 feet and heights of 524 feet. In addition the tour offers 5 observation towers that exceed the cloud forest treetops providing a panoramic view.
Kekoldi Indigenous ReserveVisitors to the Kekoldi Indigenous Reserve are invited to hike the reserve, learn about medicinal herbs and their traditional uses, and tour the Iguana Farm. Since 1990, the Iguana Farm has worked to research the green iguana, encourage reproduction and protect the fragile species. In 1994, members of the Kekoldi, Bribri and Cabecar indigenous groups formed the Kekoldi Wak Ka Koneke, or Kekoldi Caretakers. Together, these individuals work to preserve indigenous culture, protect their lands and purchase additional acreage to reforest and conserve.
Manuel Antonio National ParkManuel Antonio National Park consists of four beautiful beaches and a rain forest that hosts white faced monkeys, squirrel monkeys, sloths and howler monkeys. Tiny it may be, but this 682-hectare national park epitomizes everything tourists flock to Costa Rica to see: stunning beaches, a magnificent setting with islands offshore (bird sanctuaries for marine species), lush rainforest laced with a network of welcoming trails, and wildlife galore. You are guaranteed close-up encounters with monkeys, sloths, coatimundis, and scarlet macaws.
- Tortuguero National Park, known as the Amazonas of Costa Rica, is one of the most varied within the park system, with 11 ecological habitats, from high rainforest to herbaceous marsh communities.
- Cahuita National Park is on the Caribbean side of Costa Rica and includes Manzanillo Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches of the Caribbean Coast.
- The Keköldi Indigenous Reserve offers a unique glimpse of the Bribri and Cabecar culture.
- Arenal Volcano is the most active volcano in Costa Rica. Recognized as a volcano since the 19th century, it was known by foreign investigators as Volcan Costa Rica, Rio Frio, Canastos Volcano and Cerro de los Guatusos.
- The Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve is a private non-profit reserve administered by the Tropical Science Center, and contains 6 distinct ecological zones. Called a cloud forest rather than a rain forest: because of it's altitude, the clouds go through the forest.
- Manuel Antonio National Park is home to beautiful beaches and a rain forest that hosts white faced monkeys, squirrel monkeys, sloths and howler monkeys. Tiny it may be, but this 682-hectare national park epitomizes everything tourists flock to Costa Rica to see: stunning beaches, a magnificent setting with islands offshore (bird sanctuaries for marine species), lush rainforest laced with a network of welcoming trails, wildlife galore.
Who is Global Basecamps?
Help Us Plant a Tree!
Did you know that for every trip we sell, we have a tree planted? Reforestation projects are one of the best ways to reduce the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, so travel responsibly by choosing Global Basecamps.
With the help of our partner, Carbonfund.org, we also offset our company's entire carbon footprint each year.
Interested in offsetting your entire trip? Let us know! We are currently working to provide full carbon offsetting options for every trip.