- Featured Destinations
- Sample Trips
- Exclusive Deals
- Custom Trip Planning
- Travel 101
- About Us
Custom Thailand Tours - Expert Travel Advice.
Culture, Cuisine, and World Class Beaches - Prices from $1,063
There is something about Thailand that is undeniably enticing; the balmy, tropical weather creates a soothing and relaxing atmosphere, the aromas engulf your senses, the local people are charming and welcoming and the cuisine is simply delicious. However, all of these alluring qualities pale in comparison to Thailand's natural beauty and cultural attributes. Thailand's natural landscape is diverse and the opportunities to experience its unique treasures are endless. Trek to tribal villages and waterfalls amidst old teak forests in Northern Thailand and scuba dive world-renowned coral reefs in Southern Thailand. Although the beaches of Southern Thailand and the scenic mountainous villages of Northern Thailand are difficult to leave, a trip to Thailand is not complete without a visit to the bustling city of Bangkok where the country's 21st Century present exists harmoniously with the traditions of its past.
These custom itineraries were formed to advance the goals of sustainable travel and offer the engaged traveler the very best of Thailand, a small country with a truly astounding variety of cultural and natural attractions and resources. Experience the Kingdom of Thailand with its bustling capital, tranquil mountains, stunning islands, and rich culture and cuisine.
A journey to Thailand can involve an array of activities and experiences ranging from luxurious retreats to ethnic minority home-stays, snorkeling with sharks to receiving a blessing in a temple. The opportunity is yours to create your own holiday in paradise.
Global Basecamps is offering exclusive specials on trips to Thailand. Call us now at (866) 577 2462 or submit the form to start planning your Thailand Adventure!
Benefits of Responsible & Sustainable Tourism
We are not only dedicated to building you the trip of a lifetime, but we are also committed to supporting and protecting the destinations you visit.
Browse our collection of sample trips which have been designed to inspire you. Keep in mind, we customize every trip to meet your specific travel needs and budget.
Highlights of Thailand
BangkokThe capital, Bangkok, with a population of over eleven million inhabitants is Thailand’s largest city. For years, it was only a small trading post on the banks of the Chao Phraya River until King Rama I, the first monarch of the present Chakri dynasty, turned it into the capital of Siam in 1782 after the burning of Ayutthaya by Burmese invaders. Since then, Bangkok has become a national treasure house and functions as Thailand's spiritual, cultural, political, commercial, educational, and diplomatic center. This cosmopolitan city combines some of Asia’s oldest and most elaborately adorned temples with modern shopping malls, skyscrapers and busy markets making it a vibrant and eclectic city to visit with something for everyone.
Thailand Beaches & IslandsThailand is blessed with miles of stunning coastline and hundreds of offshore islands. The seas are calm, the bays small and picturesque and the sea life abundant. The scenery and topography varies from coast to coast, from north to south and island to island which is one of the many reasons people return again and again. Lush, green forest vegetation extending down to limestone cliffs and pure white beaches lapped by warm, turquoise waters; the coast of Thailand is a tropical paradise with spectacular waterfalls and coconut palms bending towards the sun. The tranquility and natural splendor of the Thai coast and its islands has to be seen to be believed.
Chiang Mai and the NorthThe province of Chiang Mai and the provincial capital is set in the mountains of the north. As an ancient capital of the former Lanna Kingdom, Chiang Mai is considered the heartland for the country's culture and arts. It is now a fairly large and active metropolis but the charm of the city can still be recaptured in the old town inside the city wall. The people are legendary for their open and friendly nature which makes the city one of the most popular destinations in Thailand. From Chiang Mai there are plenty of options for exploring the north whether you are looking to visit ethnic minority villages, trek in the jungle, head down river on a bamboo raft, visit the magnificent temples or just relax and enjoy the scenery.
Ayutthaya and SukhothaiThe ancient cities of Ayutthaya and Sukhothai were the former capitals of the Thai kings during the 13th and 14th centuries. They bear testimony to the ancient glory of the Thai nation and eloquently demonstrate the skills and heritage of the Siamese people. In Sukhothai the ruins of imposing temples, palaces and monuments have been expertly restored by archaeologists within special historical parks and are designated UNESCO World Heritage sites. The Ayutthaya Historical Park which includes the ruins of the ancient city is also recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage site. The buildings here include Viharn, Wats, and Chedis as well as the Royal Palace.
The North WestPai is famed for its relaxed atmosphere and live music scene. Here you'll find plenty of opportunities to explore the amazing countryside and villages. In the evenings the main street is filled with market stalls and food carts serving delicious pad-thai noodles, amongst other things. Mae Hong Son, one of the most northwesterly towns in Thailand and not far from the border with Burma. Here local art and culture have been influenced by Burmese styles. The Shan people, who represent the largest ethnic group in Mae Hong Son, wear distinctive traditional clothing. There are several other ethnic groups living in Mae Hong Son that all have their own distinctive styles of art and traditions which is one special reason to visit the area.
- Thailand’s capital city, Bangkok, has many highlights including Wat Trimitr, the famous Reclining Buddha at Wat Po, and the Grand Palace.
- Chiang Mai is a moated city best known for the extraordinary Wat Prathat Doi Suthep. From here you can visit ancient temples, the famous night bazaar, bustling markets, and some of the best Thai cooking schools.
- Patara Elephant Farm is a 100% Thai owned and managed farm focusing on health-care and breeding management for friendly, beautiful and special elephants to produce healthy elephants to live on Earth for long term elephant conservation. The farm offers clients a unique hands-on experience by allowing them to participate in taking ownership of an elephant for a day. The staff at Patara Elephant Farm will teach you how to unchain the elephant, walk, hike and track with it, and shower the elephant in the river etc.
- Flight of the Gibbon is a unique ziplining experience that allows you to experience jungle life from a perspective previously reserved for a select group of researchers.
- Chiang Rai itself is situated in a valley and the mountains in the surrounding area, are home to many people of the various ethnic minority 'hill tribe' groups. It is possible to arrange treks into the nearby mountains to visit the villages where these people still live a basic lifestyle. From Chiang Rai you can also easily access the ‘Golden Triangle’ or other places of interest such as Mae Salong and Mae Sai.
- Phuket island is considered to be the ‘pearl of the Andaman’. Surrounded by some of Asia’s most incredible scenery and the world's best scuba diving sites.
- For a laid back beach holiday, Koh Samui Island offers visitors a truly tropical oasis. Here you can relax along the coconut palm lined beaches and enjoy the calm azure sea.
- Koh Tao, a diving and snorkeling paradise, 70 km further north of Samui famed for the clearest and best underwater visibility in the Gulf of Thailand. It’s a home of various coral species where you can find abundant of tropical marine life, giant clams, and colorful fish.
Request Free Quotes!
Who is Global Basecamps?
Help Us Plant a Tree!
Did you know that for every trip we sell, we have a tree planted? Reforestation projects are one of the best ways to reduce the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, so travel responsibly by choosing Global Basecamps.
With the help of our partner, Carbonfund.org, we also offset our company's entire carbon footprint each year.
Interested in offsetting your entire trip? Let us know! We are currently working to provide full carbon offsetting options for every trip.