- Featured Destinations
- Sample Trips
- Exclusive Deals
- Custom Trip Planning
- Travel 101
- About Us
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Prices From: $400
Located right on Copacabana beach, the Copacabana Palace is South America's most famous hotel and has welcomed the rich and famous since 1923. The thrill of Rio de Janeiro is a physical one. Drama is built into the landscape, with Sugarloaf Mountain rearing up behind the Atlantic coastline, and the iconic statue of Christ the Redeemer surveying the scene.
The Copacabana Palace has 222 accomodations, 147 in the main building which 71 are suites and 76 are rooms. In the Tower Wing Building, there are 75 accommodations, which are all suites. The rooms and suites face either the sea, internal pool or city view. The 5th floor, boasts Executive rooms and suites all benefiting from a range of exclusive facilities and Executive lounge, where snacks and drinks are served throughout the day. The Guest rooms have air conditioning, cable T.V. (major International channels), VCR, fax, electronic safe, hair dryer and direct telephones lines.
The 6th floor Penthouse suites feature works of art, oriental carpets and French fabrics and an exclusive swimming pool only for the guests of the 6th floor- just some of the details which make the 6th floor the perfect place for those accustomed to stylish living and are 'flying down to Rio'.
The Copacabana Palace boasts a magnificent Semi-Olympic size swimming pool, without doubt the finest in Rio, and a tennis court. The hotel also offers a Fitness Centre, Beauty Salon, Baby Sitter Service and Beach Service. Water sports nearby include surfing and bodyboarding. It is also possible to cruise and snorkel around the offshore islands as well as play golf, beach volleyball, beach football (soccer) and other sports.
The Copacabana Palace is superbly located. It faces the famous Copacabana Beach and yet is only minutes from the centre of Rio. The Copacabana Palace is a jewel in the southern hemisphere and, according to the Official Hotel Guide, is the best luxury hotel in Latin America.
Region: South America
Nearest Airport: GRU
Rio de Janeiro
* Rates are subject to 10% service tax, 5% city tax and US$3,00 Rio Convention & Visitors Bureau tax per room, per night.
* One child under 12 years old sharing parents suite will be accommodated on complimentary basis.
* For children over 12 years old or adults it will be charged USD 150,00 + taxes, per extra bed.
* Extra beds are accommodated on Tower Wing Building suites only.
* Maximum of 02 extra beds per suite.
* Baby cribs are free of charge for children under 1 year old.
* Rates exclude breakfast.
* Rates are not valid for the New Year nor Carnival periods and are subject to change without prior notice.
* Small and quiet pets are accepted under 15 kg for USD 230,00 per pet, per stay.