- Featured Destinations
- Sample Trips
- Exclusive Deals
- Custom Trip Planning
- Travel 101
- About Us
Prices From: $682 PP
Located three hours away from Manaus by boat (or 25 minutes by hydroplane), the trip to the lodge is a spectacular tour by itself. Juma´s region is remote and relatively untouched. The Juma Lodge is a small and comfortable hotel designed to be totally integrated to the Amazon Jungle. The construction and operation of the lodge comply with and respect the limitations of the environment, which is the very reason for the hotel to exist. Juma Lodge's goal is to offer a real and unique experience in the untouched Amazon Rainforest. All trips are organized in small groups; guests can take part on many activities around the lodge, each one is designed to help explore and learn about this unique place.
There are eight standard huts facing the jungle and three special huts facing the lake and sitting among the treetops at 15 meters above the water, located in an exclusive area of the lodge, offering total privacy. All apartments are comfortable, with private bathroom, fan and balcony. The lodge was designed to be fully integrated to the surrounding forest, where the guests are able to feel the real enchantment and mystery of the Amazon. It is built on solid ground, over stilts, facing the silent waters of the Juma Lake. The restaurant is also built on stilts. The tables and benches are long and curved, creatively carved out of a light, blond wood. The meals are buffet-style, with regional and international cuisine.
Guests can take part on many activities around Juma Lodge, all of them closely related to nature. Swimming and canoeing, for example, are two excellent options. Educational jungle hikes to learn about the unique flora and fauna of the Amazon with expert guides will introduce you to plants that are edible, medicinal and useful as well as insects, wild life. Exploration walks are constantly changed to avoid damaging the forest through over use.
In the evening, board motorized canoes in search of alligators of the Amazon. Experienced guides are able to capture the alligators without harming them for closer observation and discussion. The alligators are always returned to the river unharmed. For those who like adventures, a specialized guide takes you for an overnight stay in the jungle, where you will sleep in hammocks tied up to trees.
Region: South America
Nearest Airport: GRU
-Full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
-Tours (as scheduled).
-Guide in Portuguese, Spanish and English.
-Transfer - Manaus/ Juma Lodge/ Manaus (hotel or airport). Regular departures - 07 am. We pick up in any hotel in Manaus.
Prices DO NOT include:
-Drinks and extras (laundry, bar, etc...).
- Triple accommodation has the same room rate as DBL accommodation.
- Children Policy: Ages 0 to 5 years old are free; 6 to 10 years old with 2 adults at the same apartment have discounts of 50% off the adult double rate.
- Safari Package has 3 overnights in the jungle.
- Guests can only bring 10kg of luggage per person (they can leave the luggage at the Juma Office- we don't charge for that - or at the hotel in Manaus).
- Guide speaking other language than English, Portuguese and Spanish: US$ 81.00 per day.
- Private Transfer (transfer out of the regular schedule): US$ 349.00 (per trip, up to 4 pax).
- Transfer Airport-Hotel in Manaus: US$54.00 up to 4 pax.
- City Tour in Manaus (bilingual guide and tickets included) - US$ 94.00 per person for at least 02 pax.